Favorite Things Party: Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade Sangria Recipe
Well, I promised you that this week I'd share a few of my favorite things- including a rundown of my super fun Favorite Things Party with a handful of some of the coolest ladies I know. I've got some great free printables and info on how to host one but first - I had to kick it off first with this very special recipe that began the party festivities --
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade Sangria!
Some of you may remember my first white wine sangria- Apple Cider Sangria - from our very first Thanksgiving. I fell in love with how easy Sangria is to make and customize for any special event.
This little number is bubbly, refreshing, and my favorite- zingy. It's the perfect treat for an afternoon of fun with your girlfriends, especially when those strawberries are in season.
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade Sangria (adapted from this wonderful recipe at Kitchen Treaty)
Yields about 10 4 oz servings
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced and hulled fresh strawberries
- 1 750ml bottle of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 cups or 1 bottle of Sparkling Lemonade (we used Trader Joe's variety in the 33 oz size)
Super Easy Directions
- One day before your event, combine all of the above ingredients in a large pitcher and stir thoroughly. Cover and set in the refrigerator until just before serving.
- When ready to serve to your guests, pour all of the sparkling lemonade into the pitcher to add some fizz and deliciousness to your special drink. For easier serving of fruit, use a soup ladle to dole out servings.
It's that simple. Seriously. Go make this - it's a great way to celebrate that it's Tuesday.