A few weeks back, I had some lovely ladies over for a Favorite Things Party. While I prepped my new go-to favorite Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta recipe, I also took the opportunity to whip up something a bit sweeter:
STRAWBERRY BASIL BRUSCHETTA
No tomatoes here but still utter deliciousness.
This one is a cinch to pull together and pairs great with goat cheese. It's also a beautiful spring or summer recipe for when you have guests over. Give it a whirl, even in your skeptical, I'm telling you- it's the bees knees of bruschetta.
While you're at it, serve it up with some Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade Sangria out on the back porch. That defines relaxing for me, for sure.
Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
(makes about 2 cups // enough for 20-30 crostini)
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tea lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 basil leaves, rough chopped into smaller pieces
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2-3 slices of lemon (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Top with lemon slices.
- Serve when ready with crostini and goat cheese for your adoring fans.