Sometimes, I think of a recipe, buy the ingredients, and just completely forget to make it.
Such is the case with this Crab and Artichoke Dip. My dear husband was so kind to remind me that the can of crab and of artichoke hearts we'd bought months and months ago are still around and thankfully- still good to eat.
And so our Saturday dinner was this delicious and easy appetizer: Crab and Artichoke Dip. Simple, gluten-free, and low-carb (if you watch the chip count) - I invite you to take part in this greatness for your next party or appropriate dip serving moment. You could also use this as a base dip and add spinach, take out crab, whatever tickles your fancy- it's a solid base.
Ingredients (Fills a small pyrex pan // Serves 4)
- 1 14oz can of artichoke hearts, chopped into quarters
- 1 6 oz can of crab meat, flaked
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp white wine (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- 1 cup mayo (light is fine)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided into 1 cup and 1/4 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the 1/4 cup shredded parmesan.
- Spoon out into a small glass dish.
- Top with remaining parmesan.
- Cook under 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Finish under the broiler on high for about 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to ensure cheese bubbles but does not burn.
Serve with crostini, tortilla chips, or celery for a variety of deliciousness.