Best Ever Deep Dish Brownies
Okay, so in college I learned the two secrets to epic brownies. The first: make them from scratch. No seriously, it's ridiculously easy and you'll never go back to a box. And the second: use this recipe.
It's one I found on the Hershey's site about 6 years ago and it's my total go-to because it's easy, delicious, and so simple . I just recently adjusted it to also be gluten-free, so those non-wheat eaters can get in on the insane goodness of from scratch, deep dish brownies.
Without further adieu, here's your newest recipe best friend: BEST EVER DEEP DISH BROWNIES.
Do a 9x13" pan for 16 thinner brownies, 8x8" for thick/deep dish brownies (Pictured is 9x13")
Ingredients (Adapted from this recipe from the Hershey Kitchens):
- 1/2 tea baking powder
- 1/2 tea salt
- 3/4 c gluten-free flour (or all-purpose, per your preference)
- 1/2 c Hershey's cocoa
- 1 and 1/2 tea vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chip morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease your baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix the eggs in. In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients (the baking powder, salt, flour, and cocoa). Reserve 1/4 cup of dry ingredients.
- Add your chocolate chips to the 1/4 cup of dry ingredients and coat well. This will help keep your morsels from sinking to the bottom of the brownies.
- Now add dry ingredients to the sugar/butter/eggs mixture, followed by the chocolate chips, then stir until well incorporated.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the sides of the brownies start to pull away from the pan.
- Set out to cool then slice into bars (as big or little as you'd like).