Part 3: Crock-Pot Hot Chocolate and Amazing Cookie Dough Dip
It's finally Friday! The last one before Christmas and here's a sweet, sweet end to a very long and busy week: Two amazing recipes for you - Cookie Dough Dip (times 2) AND Hot Cocoa in the Crock-Pot.
Both of these are so phenomenally easy that I feel silly listing directions almost. They are mostly combine ingredients and enjoy with friends and family. What more can you ask for?
HOT COCOA IN THE CROCK POT
Can you really make Hot Chocolate in the crock pot? Why yes, yes you can. Forget that Swiss Miss stuff. This was incredibly rich, delicious, and I could fit two batches in my awesome new Crock-Pot. I even stirred it all up in there from the start... amazing.
Here's the wonderful recipe I can take zero credit for via Crock Pot Ladies. For my part, I did add about a teaspoon of cayenne pepper for a mini-kick and 1/4 cup of Salted Caramel sauce from Trader Joe's, cause yknow, why not. This was a perfect choice for our Hot Cocoa Bar and amazing for a crowd. Can't say enough good things about it.
COOKIE DOUGH DIP: TWO WAYS // BASIC AND SALTED CARAMEL COCOA
Ingredients (for Base Dip):
- 1 pkg of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (if you have it, otherwise increase powdered)
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tea vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Any additional mix-ins you'd like!
For Salted Caramel Cocoa variety, add:
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce
- Soften your butter in the microwave and combine with all the sugars, cream cheese, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Fold in your chocolate chips with a spatula. At this point, it is traditional cookie dip - ready to be enjoyed.
- (To make it Salted Caramel Cocoa flavor) Stir in your cocoa powder until thoroughly incorporated. Then, heat your caramel sauce for approximately 5-10 seconds in the microwave to make it pliable. Add it to your dip and fold in gently using a spatula.
- Serve with sliced granny smith apples, graham crackers, or even a bagel! Hey, it's basically Cookie dough cream cheese after all! Nom!
Hope these recipes find you just in time to please your friends in family in town for Christmas! Wishing you and your loved ones a sweet holiday.