Happy New Year! Hope you had a safe and happy one with your loved ones. We had a pretty amazing week away with some of our closest friends and family. It was the perfect way to kick off good ol' 2013 in style.
In case you're looking for more ways to celebrate, I give you a recipe of my creation designed for peak deliciousness:
Blueberry Muffin Waffles with Salted Caramel
Can I get an om nom nom?
These little beauties are delish and easy to whip up for a crowd. They are even originally gluten-free!
Ingredients (Makes Approximately 10 Waffle Squares):
- 3 cups Gluten-Free pancake mix (we recommend Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix) or you can substitute 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup of Trader Joe's Fleur de Sel Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 tea vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup white or brown sugar (your preference)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or applesauce)
Combine all ingredients above and mix well. To make your salted caramel sauce more mixable, microwave it for about 10 seconds.
When your mixture is ready, pour the batter into your waffle iron and cook to your desired doneness. This recipe makes approximately 2 and 1/2 waffle irons full of waffles- about 10 waffle sections altogether.
Serve warm to hungry carb connoisseurs, topped with whipped cream, fresh blueberries, and a drizzle of Salted Caramel Sauce.
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, these guys freeze beautifully. Here's to yummy!