Gluten-Free Triple Berry Yellow Cake Trifle
Is there really anything more patriotic than cake? Ok flags, maybe. But cake's up there.
Poor Gus always sees that traditional July 4th cake every year and every year it's chock full of gluten. But not this year! I made this Gluten-Free Triple Berry Yellow Cake Trifle just for him to commemorate the 4th and our love of yellow cake.
This is basically the same recipe as the Gluten Free Oreo and Brownie Trifle but with different ingredients. Here goes...
GLUTEN-FREE TRIPLE BERRY YELLOW CAKE TRIFLE (Serves 6-8)
- 1 package Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix (plus ingredients to make the mix)
- 2 tubs of french vanilla cool whip
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of each: strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries (or your favorite berry combo)
- Mix and bake the gluten-free cake mix in a 9x13" pan. Once baked, allow it to cool then slice the cake into 1 in" cubes.
- While the cake is baking, mix up your trifle filling. Just combine your cream cheese and sugar, then fold in the two tubs of cool whip.
- Assembly: start with a trifle bowl and make a bottom layer of just cake cubes. Top with the trifle filling, then with a layer of berries. Repeat until you reach the top with a filling layer. Place a few berries in the center and mangia! You're finito and this is one tasty, tasty dessert.