Popcorn Week: Loaded Baked Potato Popcorn
You knew it was coming - something savory for Popcorn Week.
One of my all-time favorite carbs is a baked potato. There's a unique magic that happens when you pair bacon, cheese, chives, and starch together with butter. Probably the only way to make that better is by adding more starch.
So here goes: LOADED BAKED POTATO POPCORN.
Ingredients (per 3 cups of fully popped popcorn):
- 3 cups of base popcorn (popped via microwave or Whirley Pop using anniemade recipe)
- 1 cup crushed salt and pepper potato chips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into bits
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tea garlic powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
Combine everything above the melted butter together and spread out on a nonstick cookie sheet. Mix melted butter with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over popcorn on your cookie sheet.
Broil in your oven on low for about 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool and then serve in a bowl. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.