When your husband can't eat wheat and you avoid carbs on all weekdays, figuring out what to make for dinner can be a bit of a conundrum - especially for two starch loving people like Gus and me.
I recently shared one of our favorite quick, gluten-free low carb weeknight dinners - Two Cheese Italian Stuffed Zucchini - and today, I'm excited to give you my trusty recipe for what might be an even quicker and zestier (is that a word?) choice for supper: Broiled Parmesan Lemon Tilapia.
This dish is made up of minimal, on-hand ingredients and can even be made with frozen tilapia (though we usually do ours from Trader Joe's). I'd also imagine it tastes great with other varieties of fish like salmon or even scallops. Yum.
Without further adieu- here's the recipe, slightly adapted from the one posted here at AllRecipes.
Prep - 15 minutes / Cook - 10 minutes / Ready in - 25 minutes
- 4 - 4oz. Tilapia Filets (Frozen and Thawed or Fresh)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp mayo (non fat is totally fine)
- 2 tbsp butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pam/Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Spray a medium saute pan with Pam and place your filets inside.
- Sprinkle tilapia with paprika, salt, and pepper and place saute pan under the broiler.
- Meanwhile, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, and garlic powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the fillets under the preheated broiler until fish is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Spread the Parmesan cheese blend over the fish fillets, return to oven, and continue cooking until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily, 3 to 5 more minutes.
Serve with green beans, asparagus, carrots - whatever ails you. This stuff is quick and delicious. Not to be missed!