As with last week's Crab and Artichoke Dip - Gus and I love a good, versatile recipe that can also serve as a quick and easy dinner. Such is the case with our go-to recipe for Tuna Salad. This is a standby during lent and we find ways to spice it up as we like. This past week, we welcomed the addition of lettuce cups to turn our favorite tuna salad into something super trendy - a wrap! Dun dun dunnn.
Here's the rundown. Write it down and keep it handy if you too need a go-to tuna salad. This one's less mayo-y, more pickle happy but if you like that sort of thing - here's your way to yummytown:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 cans of cooked tuna
- 2 tbsp mayo (light or regular, doesn't matter)
- 1/4 cup of yellow mustard
- 4 dill pickle spears, chopped into small bits
- dash of salt and pepper
- other mix-ins: italian dressing, chopped tomato, bruschetta sauce from trader joe's, garlic powder.. your choice!
- 4 baby romaine lettuce leaves (or a tortilla wrap, or bread, whatever your canvas of choice)
- In a medium-size bowl, flake the tuna out of both cans using a fork and the edge of the can itself.
- Combine the tuna with all the above listed ingredients (except the lettuce). If the salad is too dry, we usually add more mustard but you can add more mayo, italian dressing, or whatever you like.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves and serve for a low-carb, gluten-free quick weeknight dinner - and be sure to refrigerate the leftovers.