My 28th Birthday was this past Sunday - May 26. Another major milestone happened on this date too: the series return of Arrested Development! AD is one of my all-time favorite shows and of course, it was sheer awesomeness that all the new episodes of the series debuted on my birthday this year.
I couldn't miss the opportunity to whip up a show-inspired recipe or two. Heck- even Martha Stewart got in on the action here with her own menu for an Arrested Development party.
So without further "fan"fare... here's a "Blue Man Group/Tobias-inspired" Blueberry Lemon Sangria!
BLUEBERRY LEMON SANGRIA
(Serves approximately 6-8)
- 1 bottle and a half white wine (We used Pinot Grigio - 1100 ml total)
- 3/4 cup rum
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 750ml bottle Sparkling Blueberry Juice (ours is from Trader Joe's)
- Combine all ingredients from lemons and above in a pitcher, stirring well, and leave to refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add the ginger ale and sparkling blueberry juice.
- Stir and serve with a soup ladle, to ensure everyone gets a bite of yummy sangria blueberry in their drink.
I've got another Arrested-inspired treat coming next week so stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy all the new episodes! Or relive the greatness of Tobias and the Blue Man group in the YouTube playlist below: