Vanilla Cinnamon Toast
Toast. So simple, so buttery delicious. It would have never occurred to me to whip up this Vanilla Cinnamon Toast for breakfast this weekend if it weren't for my awesome husband who made the suggestion.
Here's an easy, excellent breakfast staple that we both hope you enjoy. Buttery, cinnamony, crunchy goodness dipped in tea or topped with whipped cream. Guess which of us did which with our toast...
- 4 slices of bread (we used Udi's Gluten-Free)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Directions (for the oven)
- Combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a small bowl or ramekin.
- If using the oven, lay your bread slices out on a cookie sheet and set your broiler to low.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the tops of your bread slices with the vanilla cinnamon mixture.
- Place the cookie sheet beneath the broiler and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. (You can obviously do this in the toaster too, but it's easy to make larger amounts in the oven this way).