Chocolate Chocolate Chip Grain Free Muffins that are AMAZING
Since early January, I've been on a kick where about 95% of what I'm eating and making for our family is grain-free, gluten-free, and no added or processed sugars. In that journey, I've lost weight, gained energy, and generally have felt so much more awesome than last fall when I ate way too many junk foods every day.
As I continue to meal plan, I was looking for a fun dessert and/or breakfast option and discovered this great recipe for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. They definitely hit that sweet spot of wanting to eat a chocolate muffin, but it has no added oil, sugar (i.e granulated), or even butter! They are also naturally gluten-free (no almond, rice, or other kinds of flour).
You should totes try these, cause they are epically delicious. To boot, they are super easy to whip up (you can do it all in a blender!) and may even be possible to make with what's in your pantry right now.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP GRAIN FREE MUFFINS
(Makes 8-9 medium sized muffins / adapted from this recipe at Averie Cooks)
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tea baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Spoon into your greased muffin pan (or line with cupcake liners) and fill.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick and no batter comes out. Tops will be full and spongey (but will shrink down a bit as they cool).